A Collaborative Approach
We passionately believe that the best outcomes are gained through collaboration. To ensure the best chance of success, we harness a number of collaborators, including the Gynaelogical Cancer Research Centre at UCL, commercial diagnostic partners, statisticians such as Exploristics our partner for statistical modeling and analysis, and individual consultants. Together with our network of technology and commercial partners we can cover all the aspects of biomarker development from discovery to commercialisation.
We tailor our approach to suit the collaborator and the programme of work.
Depending on the outcome of our discussions, we will:
- Work collaboratively to scope out an experimental design for your biomarker.
- Generate and manage the submissions to the UCL Ethics Board to support your defined experimental needs.
- Mine our database to select the cohort of the most suitable volunteers for your research.
- If required, ship our human serum samples world-wide using our distribution partner.
- Via the UKCTOCS team work with GPs and Hospital clinicians to acquire extra clinical data to support the serial samples being used.
- Harness our network of molecular technology collaborators to support the testing of the serum.
- Work closely with UCL to harness clinical or technical expertise to support the programme of work.
We have a flexible business model that allows all our collaborators to make use of this unique resource, under arrangements that share the risks and rewards of biomarker discovery.